Tofu is fast becoming one of my favourite ingredients. It’s so plain so you can play it up with sweet or savoury dishes. My current favourite is tossing chunks of marinated tofu in salads with roasted sweet potatoes, dark leafy greens and perhaps some nuts and raisins. YUM!
Creating the marinated for the tofu is simple, you can choose any of your favourite salad dressing recipes and let it soak. Overnight is best but you can also just toss it in the dressing then serve up your salad.
Pro Tip: You can also blend up the recipe in a blender to make a ricotta cheese substitute, spread this on crostini with fig jam and arugula to impress your friends.
Greek Marinated Tofu
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 1 package of firm tofu (pressed to remove most liquid)
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil (best you can get)
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder (or 1 clove fresh garlic minced)
- Pinch of salt
- Pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients except for the tofu until combined.
- Slice your tofu into chunks about 1 inch by 1 inch, then place into a medium bowl.
- Pour your dressing over the tofu and stir to combine.
Serve over salad as an alternative to meat or poultry.