So I love cooking, but I also love discovering new ways to simplify, and get good food in my belly faster!
Here I use one pot, one blender (ahem the vitamix) and NO KNIVES! I mean how much simpler can the recipe be when you aren’t chopping, slicing and dicing?
The strategy I use is to boil the pasta 80% through, then add my frozen ingredients to the same pot of water, this heats these ingredients through and finishes the pasta all together. It also saves me a larger cleanup!
Lazy Cooking: Lemony Spinach Pasta with Broccoli and Shrimp
Cook time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 1 box whole grain pasta or pasta of your choice
- 1 bag frozen shrimp
- 1 bag frozen broccoli
- 1 bag frozen spinach
- 1/2 cup olive oil (best you can get)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp anchovy paste
- 1 whole avocado (pitted and peeled)
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 cup of reduced fat goat cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup parsley
For the Sauce:
- In a blender for food processor, combine all ingredients for the sauce. Turn blender on and mix thoroughly. Set aside.
For the Pasta:
- Cook pasta according to package directions – set a timer for 2 minutes less than suggested time.
- When timer goes off, add frozen spinach, broccoli and shrimp to the pot of hot water and pasta, and simmer for 2 minutes to defrost and heat everything through.
- Pour out cooking water, leaving your veggies, shrimp and pasta, pour sauce over the mixture in the pot and mix well.
- Serve with extra parsley ripped with hands, and sprinkles of parmesan cheese.